Merry Christmas From London!

December 25th, 2015 tjvign17

Hi all!

Sorry for the last couple of weeks, I didn’t have time to blog while running around trying to tie up all the loose ends at the end of my first semester in France! Though I am done with classes, I still have to take my exams during the first weeks of January; that’s why I’m not going to reflect on my first semester quite yet (my impressions might change after taking my 4 hour exams in french…).

Two weeks of break really isn’t enough to fly home, so I decided to head up to the UK for my vacation, and I’m currently blogging from my youth hostel in London! Spending christmas without frantically cooking and opening presents is definitely different, but being in the shadow of St. Paul’s Cathedral is not too shabby either.  This city is amazing and though I’m far from my family today, the christmas spirit is alive and well in the carols and lights that fill the streets here. In addition to seeing London, I’ve been lucky enough to have friends welcome me to both Oxford and St. Andrew’s, giving me a great opportunity to see a little bit of the United Kingdom, and I’ve loved what I’ve seen so far (I’m also loving the nice break from constantly having to translate and live my life in a different language).

That’s it for now, I’m off to eat some chocolate digestives and watch a christmas movie to celebrate!

Merry Christmas,

Thomas

Harrods does Christmas right

Harrods does Christmas right

London bridge is still standing tall

London bridge is still standing tall

Thomas Vignati '17